Monday, October 24, 2011

Americans Too Fat and Lazy to Work?!



By Reginald Kaigler (DEMCAD)

Youtuber Yankeeprepper uploaded a video of a AP news report on Alabama's new law that banned illegals from working on farms. But when the farms hired Americans, they learned that many were too lazy and out of shape to work at a good pace. Some of the farmers complain that the Americans are not strong enough for the field work. Well, given the fact that the illegals have been doing this all of their lives, it would be difficult for anyone living in a first world nation to start off as fast as a worker from a third world nation. Moreover, the farmers probably aren;t even paying a living wage, so it's going to take a well to find someone who is willing to work super hard on a very low wage. Remember, Americans have first world expenses, not Mexico prices to contend with.

In my hometown of Flint, Michigan, the economy is so depressed that the city has been forced to cut their police force to bare bones. I recently took on a labor job working with a friend of mine. He's an experienced freelance repairman. He does drywall, carpentry and roofing. He's done it all and does it well. Currently, he's putting a new roof on one of his friend's rental home in Flint. My job was to help him but cutting wood and carrying wood boards and shingles up a two story ladder while he install the shingles, paper and work.

Let me tell you that although, I have helped my buddy Nick install shingles in the past, this job is hard work. This is dangerous and demanding work. When you're two stories up on a ladder with heavy shingles in your hands, one mistake can ruin your life. But I need the money, so I'm doing what needs to be done.

And I'm doing it for 8 bucks an hour. I show up on time and hard 8 to 10 hour shifts. Now, are there lazy Americans out there. Hell yes! But don't let anyone fool you into believing that none of us are willing to work out asses out.

On my first day, I carried a ton of old shingles onto a trailer. Fortunately, I had some help unloading it in a landfill. My name is Reginald Kaigler and I graduated from the University of Michigan-Flint with a BA in criminal justice and sociology. I had hoped to become a parole/probation officer, but when the economy tanked, state governments stopped hiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment