Saturday, August 14, 2010

Emergency Preparation Questions



It's been two years since I posted my first video on youtube addressing this economic crisis. I have produced over 600 videos on the economic, social and political environment of this nation. I have spoken about the political corruption of the corporate-owned GOP and DNC. I addressed the criminal Wall Street enterprise that taking over Washington. You can find hundreds of my news video on my site. I've also created numerous videos about preparing for a possible economic collapse. I have warned people to store food and water and find some form of protecting themselves. My message has been relayed through videos on youtube, Internet radio shows and written blogs.

In this blog, I will issue this warning yet again, in hopes that I will reach one more person. In the video above, you will find my latest video on my preparations for an emergency. In the video, I discuss constructing a survival (bug out) bag and storing basic items such as food and water. Over the years, people have asked me a hand full of question over and over again. So I'm going to answer them right here.


Why do I need a bug out bag?

My bag is for survival. I may not this bag in a situation that requires me to leave my home very quickly, but in all likelihood, I'll use the items in my bag to hunker down in my home during an emergency. Placing items such as matches, lighters, knives, toilet paper, food and multi-tools in a backpack will make emergency travel easier and safer.


When should I bug out?

I'm not a expert and even if I were, the answer would be complicated. It really depends on your situation. Generally, you don't bug out (leave your home with your bag) unless the situation is so extremely dangerous that staying would almost certainly lead to death. Bugging out is a very danger option. Most of the time, you're better off staying in a secure location. I would also add that you shouldn't bug out unless you have a safe location to go. You don;t want to wonder out in the woods.


How do I prepare if I don't have much money?

Virtually every person reading this blog has more money than I do. What little wealth I have is in silver bullion, food storage and tools. I have set away food every month for my storage. I have rice in buckets, fruits and vegetables in cans, oatmeal and much more. If you buy an extra few cans every time you go to the grocery store, you'll be a step closer to getter security. Even if you have to store water in containers or two liter bottles.


Which items should I include in a survival bag?

Means of producing fire. (matches, lighters, magnesium fire starter, etc)
Reliable knife
Food (dry foods that are easy to prepare)
Cup (something you can cook food in)
Toilet paper
Survival book
Map (with directions to the destination)
Water
Rope

You may also want to include a tent and sleeping bag. Please don't buy a cheap sleeping bag. I've camped in Alaska and I can tell you that you definitely want a solid sleeping bag.


What are you preparing for?

Well, I'm not preparing for the end of the world. I'm not preparing for the apocalypse. I'm preparing for any natural or man-made disaster. I'm making basic preparation for a situation where basic utilities are not available and the federal government is unable to provide basic services.

No comments:

Post a Comment