Thursday, May 20, 2010

BPA: A Danger or Over-reaction?



By Reginald Kaigler (DEMCAD)

A new report by the National Workgroup for Safe Markets claims that there maybe a dangerous level of BPA (Bisphenol A) in food cans. Muir Glen (General Mills subsidiary) is rushing to remove BPA from its products, but I think people are over reacting.

Isn't there always a fear-raden medical report claiming that a common household item could be dangerous? And the cans uses for storing food isn't much different than the ones that have been used for decades, so why the sudden fear mongering?

My advice to you is to keep storing canned foods and don't worry about BPA. If I were you, I would be more concerned about starving.

What do you think?

Read More...

1 comment:

  1. Its not an overreaction. It turns into estrogen in the body and has a host of ill side effects. I actually stay away from Plastic #1,3, and 7 because they can leak estrogen type compounds.

    I didn't know it was in food cans. Thanks for the heads up. I don't eat canned foods, and I definitely won't be now.

    ReplyDelete